Recipe by Rachel Potachel
One hell of a cake.
Top Review by Sarabbismama
OMG!! This was the best cake ever. I made it for my brother's 22nd birthday since he wasn't home to celebrate his 21st. The best way I can describe it is to say that it's a white russian poured onto a cake. My family is requesting it for the fourth of july. I served it with berries crushed and mixed together with sugar and some apricot brandy. I then topped it all with whipped cream. YUMMY!!!!!
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamed.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Add yolks and beat well until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add milk and almond extract to mixed ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour into a greased 13" x 9" baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes, or until done.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Poke many holes all over cake with a fork.
- In a large saucepan, combine condensed milk, whipping cream, corn syrup, evaporated milk, and rum.
- Carefully bring to a boil, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
- Slowly pour over cake, letting the liquid absorb.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve cold, with whipped cream and strawberries if desired.