1/9 Photos of Tres Leches Cake
1 hr 45 mins
Tres Leches Cake is a very moist cake filled with a mixture of "milks." It is a favorite Mexican and South American Dessert. I got the recipe from Chela, my housekeeper who is from Mexico. The Cake preparation includes 3 parts: the cake, the filling, and the frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Ingredients for Cake
- 510.29 g package white cake mix
- 354.88 ml flour
- 5 eggs
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml cooking oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml milk
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 236.59 ml whipping cream or 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 13 x 9" cake pan with cooking spray (Pam).
- 2Mix cake ingredients together and pour into prepared cake pan.
- 3Bake for 45-50 minutes until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- 4Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- 5While the cake is baking, mix filling ingredients together and refrigerate.
- 6For frosting, whip cream until soft peaks form; blend in sugar gradually and add vanilla extract.
- 7When cake is done, allow to cool; then fill with milk filling.
- 8You can poke holes in the cake or use a flavor injector.(I use a syringe since I am a nurse).
- 9Frost with whipped cream and decorate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tres Leches Cake
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 749.2
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 154.1 mg
- Sodium 442.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 61.3 g
- Protein 12.1 g