Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from a puertorican cookbook that Gma got for me when I got married. Really good cake. Requires aquired taste for mushy wet cakes.
- Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Cream butter and 1 cup of the sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, 2 tablespoons at a time, mixing well until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- When cooked, pierce it in 8 or 10 places with a fork or skewer, and let it cool.
- Combine the whole milk, evaporated milk, and condensed milk.
- Pour over the top of the cooled cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Whipped Cream Topping: When ready to serve, combine the whipping cream, remaining vanilla and 1 cup of sugar.
- Spread over top of cake.
- Serve chilled.
This cake was okay. It didn't rise enough for our taste, and wasn't soft enough.
This recipe was awesome! I LOVE the coconut flavor without the actual flakes. Like others, I ended up adding more of the 3 milk mixture and also added a tsp. of coconut flavoring to the cake mixture. I also used conf. sugar in the whipped cream instead of regular white sugar. This was a huge hit at a work party and despite the fairly long list of ingredients it was easy.
Delicious recipe! I did have to make slight modifications so it would work for me. I baked it for 25 minutes on 350 F. Also, I ended up putting a whole can of evaported milk (12 oz), a whole can of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz) and about 2 cups of milk so the cake was nice and soggy. Also I used only 1/2 cup of sugar with the whipping cream. I will definitely keep this recipe.