Recipe by COOKGIRl
Keep this recipe in mind when a variety of colored bell peppers are available on the market. I personally would use a combination of colors: red, orange, purple, etc. This is a slightly altered recipe from the Alsace region in France from Bon Appetit March 2006.
Top Review by JustJanS
What a great find this was. I bought tomatoes and peppers from a local farm gate and wanted a super simple recipe that featured them. The tomatoes weren't grape, but were small super sweet regular ones and I used red bell peppers. I'm amazed at how much the tiny amount of cummin (one of our favourite spices) came through.
- 24 grape tomatoes (golden tomatoes would be good, too!) or 24 cherry tomatoes, halved (golden tomatoes would be good, too!)
- 1 cup bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper (jarred okay-cut into 1/4-inch cubes)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin, to taste