Recipe by Chief Teer
This is another border favorite and very easy to prepare.
Top Review by flower7
Very nice enchiladas! I used 8 oz pre-cooked chicken strips and accidentally bought 8 inch tortillas, so only got 4 enchiladas. These were really good and very easy. I also added half a can of chopped chiles (needed to use them). Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (12 ounce) jar picante sauce, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches each)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, saute onion in margarine, stirring constantly, until tender. Stir in chicken, 1/4 cup picante sauce, cream cheese, and cumin.
- Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla.
- Roll up; place seam side down in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 - inch baking dish.
- Top with remaining picante sauce and cheddar cheese; bake 15 minutes.