Tre's Cajun Crawfish Maque Choux (Mock Shoe)
- Cook bacon in a frying pan until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels, crumble and set aside.
- Melt butter in the bacon fat over medium heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic, saute for 5 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Stir in corn, tomatoes, crawfish, cayenne and Cajun seasoning, cook 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chick broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and cook partially covered for 45 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in crumbled bacon and serve.