Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love these in my Bloody Marys They aren't the same without at least two of these beans in the glass.
- 2 lbs green beans, bush (round slim bean not flat)
- 2 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup canning salt
- 1 cayenne pepper (per jar) or 1 jalapeno pepper, with seeds no stems (per jar)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 heads fresh dill
- 2 canning jars, one quart (sterilized)
- Trim ends of green beans. Set lids of jars to boil in water in a small pan. Combine vinegar and water and salt in a large saucepot. Bring to a boil.
- Pack beans lengthwise into hot jars, Add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or the jalapenos slices, 2 cloves garlic and 2 heads of dill to each quart.
- Ladle the boiling vinegar solution over beans. leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Place caps (still hot from the boiling water) on jars. Invert jars till cool.
- You can place them in a hot water bath for 10 minutes, if desired. Store in a cool dry place for 4-6 weeks before opening.
- After opening keep refrigerated. These are delicious! and non FAT!
Can not keep the adults out of them, never mind the grandkids! Will make sure to do a triple batch next year. Thanks Chief Teer for sharing your recipe.