Recipe by Chief Teer
This is a all time favorite egg roll recipe in our fire house. They are a great idea for appetizers.Go ahead and try it at your next party!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1⁄4 lb bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) packageazumaya large square egg roll wraps
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- mustard, and
- catsup or sweet and sour sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir-fry meat and ginger in a wide skillet over high heat ntil lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Add cabbage, bean sprouts, carrot and green onions cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in oyster sauce.
- Let mixture cool.
- Use 2 tbsp filling for each egg roll.
- Place filling diagonally on wrapper.
- Fold corner over filling; roll snugly half-way to cover filling.
- Fold up both sides snugly against filling; moisten edges of last flap.
- Roll over flap to seal; layflap-side down until ready to deep-fry.