Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a tea I make for my 9 year old son. He asks for it when his stomach is bugging him....who am I kidding...he'd drink it everyday if I made it for him. It helps with digestion and all you have to do is look up the beneficial properties of ginger on www.WHF.com or google it. Actually all my kids drink this tea, thanks to T-Bear. Easy and versatile.
- Add sliced ginger, water, and sugar in pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat off and cover pot and let it steep.
- Per cup, add favorite flavors.
- My son adds lemon and lime juice, he doesn't even know how much more beneficial it is for him to add it -- he just likes the flavor.
- Honey is a great sweetener for this tea.
- Try it when your kids have a cold or the flu and pair it with 1/8 tsp ascorbid acid (crystalized vitamin C) mixed and dissolved in some fruit juice, 3 times per day and see how fast your kids get better.
Loved it with lemon and can't wait to try it with lime juice.
I just love ginger and I have a cold right now. This was so soothing, and made me feel better! I will be drinking this alot with lemon juice. Thanks Corilayn! Made for the Comfor Cafe-Snow Queens round.
This stuff really works! My friend who is a nurse practitioner always reccomends this to her patients. Also if you breath in the steam (CAREFULLY!! Don't get burnt!) is is beneficial too.