Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a VERY easy dish to create. I got this from a friend in California and it is a great "what are we having for dinner" solution as you can have all of the ingredients on hand most of the time. I swear the hardest part is cutting the chimi's out of the packaging. You can use any frozen burrito, but the best I have found is the chimichangas from either of the club stores.
- 6 burritos
- 16 ounces green enchilada sauce
- 12 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 cups cheese
- You can use the burritos frozen, but cooking time will be increased by 15-20 minutes. You can also used cream of whatever is in the pantry.
- Mix enchilada sauce, sour cream and soup in bowl.
- Put about half of sauce into the bottom of a pan sprayed with pam. You determine which size pan you have that this will work with, I use either glass or pampered chef --
- Place burritos in a single layer, then cover with remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Spread cheese over top and place back in oven for 10 minutes.
I was going to give this three stars but realized that my "only okay" feeling was most likely due to the quality of the burrito I used rather than the recipe itself! I don't care for green sauce so used red sauce instead and only had cream of mushroom so I used that instead of cream of chicken. This was a quick easy fix so I will try it again with a better quality chimi or burrito!
We were very pleasantly surprised at how good these were. We ate the entire dish of enchiladas last night they were so good. Didn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing, will make often.
Wow! These were awesome. The sauce is outstanding and could be made on its own as a dip. The kids really liked them and they were very easy. I will be making these again in the future. Thanks for sharing!!