Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
From a children's cookbook called Monkey Pudding, this is simple to make and very tasty. I cut the sugar -- it originally called for 1/2 cup, and it was plenty sweet. The original recipe said to chill for 30 minutes, but 24 hours is needed if you want the cookies to be nice and soft (so cooking time is actually chilling time). I use Voortman Vanilla Wafer Cookies -- about 3/4 of the package.
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint blackberry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) packagesugar wafer cookies
- 12 ounces Cool Whip Lite
- In a large mixing bowl, add berries, lemon juice, and sugar; fold ingredients together, being careful not to smash the berries.
- Cover the bottom of a trifle bowl or serving dish with a layer of cookies.
- Spread about a cup of the whipped topping over the cookies.
- Spread 1/3 of the berry mixture over the whipped topping.
- Continue layers until dish is full, ending with whipped topping (keep a few berries back to decorate the top).
- Chill in the refrigerator 24 hours.