3 hrs 30 mins
This is my Grandpop Trego's recipie for Clam Chowder. Grandpop could never make anything in small batches. Make sure you have a very large pot. This makes 5 gallons of chowder. Use salt to adjust to your taste. This can be packaged and put into the freezer for later use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice celery, onion and carots.
- 2Cook raw veggies on salted water until nealy tender.
- 3Add potatoes and cook until tender.
- 4Mash the peeled tomatoes and add to pot.
- 5Add Pot herbs and parsley.
- 6Simmer for 1 hour.
- 7Grind or fine chop clams and add with juice.
- 8Simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trego Family Manhattan Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (7570 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.8
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 40.8 mg
- Sodium 2273.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 138.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.1 g
- Sugars 30.9 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: