Treebeard's is a soul food/southern cooking restaurant in Houston, TX. A hint of dijon mustard makes this stroganoff stand out. Because you use tenderloin, it's naturally more tender and takes less time to cook.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin, partially frozen and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, washed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- egg noodles, cooked for six
- In large skillet over med heat, melt 1 1/2 tbsp butter and saute tenderloin, onion and mushrooms until onion is soft and transparent.
- In separate small saucepan over med heat, melt remaining 1 1/2 tbsp butter; blend in flour and stir until smooth. Gradually whisk in beef broth and dijon mustard until smooth.
- Pour broth mixture over tenderloin. Reduce heat to low,cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until beef is very tender. Stir in sour cream and allow to bubble, but do not boil.
- Serve over cooked noodles.