Recipe by Deb's Recipes
Each bite bursts with flavor as it practically melts in your mouth! The tasty burrito filling can also be used for tacos, enchiladas, or nachos. Leftovers, that is IF you're lucky enough to have any, freeze well.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I always have shredded chicken (usually breast meat) in the freezer, I opted to make this recipe as written & used the chicken thighs! Although I had the garnishes available, for myself I used only a homemade salsa, some rice & cheese, & I was very happy with them that way! Others (2 guests & my other half) did them up with everything & were just as happy! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
- 3-4 slice bacon
- 1133.98 g bone in chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 3.69 ml dried oregano
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 283.49 g can rotel
- 85.04-113.39 g cream cheese, softened
- flour tortilla, softened
- pico de gallo (optional) or other salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- avocado, slices (optional)
- grated cheese (optional)
- cooked rice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp; remove bacon from pan and brown chicken thighs in the hot bacon fat; add onions and season thighs, adjusting amounts according to your preference.
- With a large slotted spoon, transfer browned thighs and onions into crockpot then pour beans and rotel over the top; cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Before serving, remove skin and bones from the now falling-apart-tender chicken and shred the meat (be careful it will shred fast) then gently stir in the cream cheese.
- To serve: Place hot meat mixture and your choice of optional garnishes onto a softened tortilla then roll into a burrito and Treat Yourself! to a wonderful easy meal!