Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
In the winter months & even early spring, food is scarce for the wild birds that visit your home. Help them get some nutrition by making these simple bird feeders. Kids LOVE to make these & they get so much pleasure from watching the birds feed from them.The great thing about these feeders is that are quick & easy to make as well as being inexpensive and the real bonus is that they hold up well in snow & rain too!
- 1 slice bread
- 59.14-118.29 ml natural-style peanut butter
- 118.29-177.44 ml bird seed
- Take your slice of bread (if it is fresh, lightly toast it so it dries out or use stale / day old bread) & cut into 3 equal sized pieces.
- Spread each side of bread with the peanut butter & drench in the bird seed.
- Press the seed firmly onto the bread.
- Poke a small hole through one end of each feeder & hang with string / twine etc, in a sheltered place away from predators.
This is a wonderful idea...thank you so much for posting. My girls and I usually do this with pinecones, but the bread is so much better.