Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sauce was in the newspaper and I have added my touch,. There are Taco Treat restaurants in Great Falls for many many years. This is the second recipe I have posted for the Enchilada Sauce. I have my preference but take your choice. It is up to your taste buds. Both are inexpensive to prepare. I added the filling recipe too.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans enchilada sauce, mild, medium flavoring
- 1 (1 ounce) packagelawry's brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup diced onion
- 8 -10 corn tortillas
- 3 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- In large saucepan, add the first three ingredients and wisk to mix.
- Heat, turn down to simmer until slightly thick.
- Mix ground beef, geen chilies and onion in separate bowl.
- Add 2 tblsps sour cream and salt.
- Dip corn tortillas in sauce. Place on a pan.
- Place a filling on each dipped tortilla.
- Roll up and use a toothpick to hold in place.
- Add remaining sour cream to sauce and mix.
- Pour over the rolled tortillas.
- Place in reheated 350* oven, covered.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Tip: If you want fillings to stay together, add a little dry instant potato flakes or a little cornstarch, or a little flour. Do not add too much. Mix it in the filling and let it set for a few minutes.