Recipe by Montana Heart Song
This was published in the newspaper. Taco Treat is a local restaurant group in Great Falls that has wonderful mexican food for over 40 years or more. There were two recipes published and I will post both. Both of the sauces are brown sauce. I prefer one over the other but it will be for you to decide. This sauce is very inexpensive. Yes!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (1 cube)
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chili peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet (for color)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in flat large round saucepan.
- Sprinkle Flour,chili powder and salt into melted margarine.
- Stir with wisk.
- Add water and stir. Turn down heat.
- It will thicken as it simmers.
- Add in a little kichen bouquet and stir.
- Browned hamburger, chopped onions and grated cheese.
- Dip fried tortillas in sauce, fill and roll. Hold together with a toothpick.
- Place in cake pan. Add more cheese on top if desired.
- Bake 325* 20 to 30 minutes.
- 6 filled Enchiladas.