Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A wonderfully sweet coffee cake! I found this recipe sitting in my mother's box. It is from an old friend and dated 1982. Let's just say it tastes just as good today as it did back then!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 (1 1/8 ounce) packages chocolate-covered english toffee bars (broken Heath Bars)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- confectioners' sugar (AKA icing sugar)
- Combine cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients except nuts, candy, and melted butter.
- Blend at low speed until moistened.
- Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Spoon half of the batter into greased and floured 10" bundt pan.
- Sprinkle with 2 Tbl of the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Spoon remaining batter into pan.
- Top with the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture, nuts, and candy.
- Pour melted butter over top.
- Bake in a 325 degree over for 45 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan; dust with confectioner's sugar.