Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe in a cookbook called Taste of Home 2001. I must give the credit to the recipe's owner however. Her name is Bobbi Liston in Arlington, TX.(her name is published in the cookbook as the owner) Posted as a recipe request in our forum here.
- Cut tops off apples and set aside.
- Core apples to within 1/2 inch of the bottom.
- Place in a greased 8 inch square baking dish.
- In a bowl combine sugar, candies, and cinnamon.
- Spoon 2 T. into each apple
- Replace tops.
- Spoon remaining sugar over the apples.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender, basting occasionally.
It takes a really good recipe to get me to part with my hoard of red hots that I brought back from my last trip to the States. This is one of those recipes. I didn't change a thing. Every time I opened the oven to baste the apples the kids kept asking, "What is that wonderful smell?" Thanks for posting this, Karen!