- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the 4 chicken breasts skin side up in a greased shallow "stove to table" baking dish.
- Brush with melted butter (or margarine).
- Bake in a preheated 375°F degrees oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt 1/2 stick of butter (or margarine).
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and ginger in a small bowl, mix, and add to butter.
- Stirring constantly, add them orange juice.
- Cook slowly until thick and smooth.
- Pour over chicken and bake 40 minutes longer.