Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick, filling, and colorful dish. Serve with salad and hot crusty bread for a simple supper.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 236.59 ml angel hair pasta, cooked
- 59.14 ml black olives, sliced
- 0 dried tomatoe, sliced, chopped
- 59.14 ml Thai sweet chili sauce, sweet Red
- 118.29 ml fresh asparagus, chopped
- 44.37 ml coconut oil
- 29.58-44.37 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 14.79 ml rice vinegar, plain
- 14.79 ml grated fresh ginger
- 1.23 ml Chinese five spice powder
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 0.59 ml kosher salt
- Melt coconut oil over medium heat in a large, deep skillet. Cook chicken until no longer pink. Add the Sweet Red Thai Chili Sauce, vegetables, rice vinegar, and spices. reduce to simmer for 5 minutes; stirring constantly. Toss with angel hair pasta and fresh basil.
I really enjoyed this exotic tasting treat. It was quick and easy to make with a great punch of flavor. I loved that all the ingredients worked well together and that you could taste them all. We thought that the asparagus and olives worked really well together in this dish. A few small changes, diced tomatoes instead of sun dried, didn't have any and I freshly ground the chinese five spice powder, for a beautiful mellow note. This was one of my personal favorite dishes, Good Luck in the Contest.
What a fun combination of flavors! I don't think I've ever had black olives with asparagus together in a dish, and combining it with the five spice....what a flavor explosion. I enjoyed this very much, and its quick to make as a bonus. Thanks for sharing!