Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fun Party cake, easy for kids to make
- 1 (12 ounce) poundcake
- 1 container Cool Whip, thawed
- assorted decorative candies, for jewels (m&ms, candy necklace, hard candys etc.)
- 1 pretzel stick, cut into thirds
- 2 twisted pretzels
- cut 1/2 inch slice off top of cake set aside.
- Hollow out center of cake leaving 1/2 in.
- shell on bottom and sides.
- Spoon 1 cup of the whipped topping into cake shell.
- Frost sides with 1 1/2 cups whipped toping.
- Refrigerate Just before serving, place assorted jewels over whipped topping in the cake shell.
- Angle reserved cake slice over jewels using pretzel rod pieces in each side, to resemble open chest lid.
- Frost slice with remaining whipped topping.
- Decorate cake with candies.
- Add pretzels for handles.