A co-worker gave me this recipe about 28 years ago. I think she found it in a magazine around the holidays. My kids like having them on the Christmas Cookie Tray. It wouldn't be Christmas without them for my oldest. (The other kids have their favorites.) This is a bar cookie with cherries, nuts and chocolate chips
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (I like semisweet.)
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I like walnuts or pecans.)
- 1Preheat oven 350 Grease and flour 15x10x1" jelly roll pan.
- 2Cream butter, white sugar and brown sugar.
- 3Add flour, baking powder, salt, milk, vanilla and eggs.
- 4Blend at medium speed until smooth.
- 5Stir in cherries, chocolate chips and nuts.
- 6Spread in pan.
- 7Bake 25-30 minutes until lightly browned.
- 8Icing: combine powdered sugar, butter, milk and vanilla.
- 9Spread on warm bars.
- 10Drizzle 1/2 square melted unsweetened chocolate over bars.
- 11Cool and cut.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Treasure Chest Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.4
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 104.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: