Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very sweet, very comforting tart. Do try to locate the Golden Syrup required for it.
Make and share this Treacle Tart recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare the pastry as for pie crust and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out for a 9 inch tart pan. Reserve the scraps. Trim the edges and retain the scraps.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix the oats, zest, and ginger, and sprinkle half in the pastry. Pour on the syrup and lemon juice and sprinkle rest of oat mixture on top.
- Roll out any remaining pastry and cut strips to lay a trellis over the tart if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes and serve hot or cold.
Very unusual pie. I wasn't sure whether I would like this pie or not...but since I had purchased golden syrup online prior to playing this game, I decided to try it. I had never heard of a tart/pie made with oatmeal. The big surprise was that the taste of the lemon juice and lemon zest was such a strong flavor in this pie. I expected the Golden Syrup to be the predominate flavor. Fortunately the lemon helps the pie from being overly sweet. Not sure I will ever make it again due to the unavailability to purchase the golden syrup where I live except online. Made for ZWT #6 - 2010
I have never gone wrong with one of your recipes and this is no different. I adore mysteries (go figure with my name) but especially the old cozies like Miss Marple so I had heard of treacle tart but being American had never eaten it till now. My friends and I had an English pie pot luck so I made this. From the first bite we were all in heaven including the lone Englishman in the group. Excellent recipe that I will be making for Thanksgiving this year. Thanks for posting another wonderful recipe.
This was gorgeous! It also looked quite professional which I was pleased about. I liked the tang of the lemon and it was very easy to make. Thanks for posting this recipe!