From "Scottish Teatime Recipes" - my family will munch on these wee treats at any old time of day!
Make and share this Treacle Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 425°F or Gas Mark 7 and grease a baking sheet.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and rub in the butter.
- Mix in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the treacle or molasses and sufficient milk to make soft dough.
- Turn on to a floured surface and knead gently- the dough should be fairly moist and elastic.
- Roll out to about ½-inch thick, and cut into rounds with a 2½-inch pastry cutter.
- Place on the baking sheet, brush with a little milk and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden in coIour.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve split in half and buttered.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container.