1/1 Photo of Treacle Scones
From "Scottish Teatime Recipes" - my family will munch on these wee treats at any old time of day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 425°F or Gas Mark 7 and grease a baking sheet.
- 2Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and rub in the butter.
- 3Mix in the sugar and cinnamon.
- 4Add the treacle or molasses and sufficient milk to make soft dough.
- 5Turn on to a floured surface and knead gently- the dough should be fairly moist and elastic.
- 6Roll out to about ½-inch thick, and cut into rounds with a 2½-inch pastry cutter.
- 7Place on the baking sheet, brush with a little milk and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden in coIour.
- 8Cool on a wire rack.
- 9Serve split in half and buttered.
- 10Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Treacle Scones
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.0
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 870.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 7.0 g