Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A traditional Irish bread.
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 7 fluid ounces milk (approximately)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- Heat the molasses and milk together.
- Mix all dry ingredients together: add liquid until a soft dough is achieved.
- With floured hands, shape into a round cake about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Cut into farls (quarters), put on a floured baking sheet and bake at 400oF for 40 minutes.
So easy, and so quick. Brilliant simple recipe.