Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a old family recipe from one of my Wife's Aunts, I have converted it to make it a little more simple and added a few different seasonings. But it is generally the same, as the originally, but a little more tasty.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb jimmy dean maple sausage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Badia complete seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning, Konriko
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet dry basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 16 ounces hot roll mix
- Brown ground beef, pork sausage, and onion in skillet.
- DO NOT DRAIN!
- Add shredded cabbage, seasonings, salt and pepper to meat and onions and cover. Stirring occasionally.
- While cabbage, meat mixture is cooking, follow the recipe steps 1 - 4 on the Hot Roll mix. Don't form into shapes.
- When dough is ready, pull off small balls of dough and roll out.
- Place meat mixture into middle of the dough.
- Fold the dough around the meat mixture using a pie form.
- Place on baking sheet and cook at 375 for 15 - 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Then serve with ketchup or mustard.