Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I got this recipe from the Ocala Star Banner recipe data base. It is a wonderful recipe and easy to make. Great with saltines Cook time is marinate time.
- 2 -3 lbs firm white fish fillets, diced into small cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice, the recipe calls for Real Lemon juice
- 2 bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 -4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 8 ounce stuffed green onion, drained and chopped
- 8 ounce jar pickled jalapeno pepper, drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- salt and pepper
- lemon pepper (I did not use)
- In a large non-metalic container marinade the fish, Real-lemon juice salt, pepper and lemon pepper for 3 hours in refrigerator.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 3 more hours.
- Drain and serve with crackers.