Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted per a request. Traverse City Salad (featuring dried cherries)is served by many Michigan restaurants - each with their own variation. This one is my version for one very healthy salad. Note: The Traverse City area, in northern lower Michigan is known as a major cherry growing area.
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1 slice red onion, chopped or separated into rings (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons dried cherries (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons pecans or 3 tablespoons walnuts, roughly chopped
- 6 grape tomatoes or 1 small tomato, quartered
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled (or to taste)
- 4 ounces turkey (optional) or 4 ounces chargrilled chicken, cut into strips (optional)
- raspberry vinaigrette dressing (bottled)
- Place the mixed greens in a bowl or dish.
- Sprinkle/place remaining ingredients over the greens.
- Serve with Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing.
Kris, Thanks For this beautiful and delicious salad.We had this with,(believe it or not) Spaghetti and meatballs, and Italian Bread with olive oil and asiago cheese. I loved the crunch,and it really went well with our meal.Thanks again, Darlene Summers
I made a similar recipe for Xmas eve dinner this past Xmas and after reading the ingredients on this one I will switch to using it. I too am from Michigan and have had this type of salad on many occasions. Great recipe Kris, can't wait to make it!
I thought this was outstanding! I didn't have the dried cherries or optional meat, but used pecans instead of walnuts. I packed the leftovers in my lunch the next day and plan on making this strictly for my lunch in the future (DH is not a fan of vinaigrette dressings nor salads with nuts and fruit - but I AM!). Great salad! Thanks for sharing.