Recipe by McGelby
Originally from :Eat, Shrink & Be Merry! Great-Tasting Food That Won't Go from Your Lips to Your Hips! And I found it at http://applevalleygirl.blogspot.com/2010/08/camping-cuisine-part-5-eat-your-veggies_12.html From Angie: Note: You are only using half a can of beans for the above beans. I tossed the leftover beans into a ziploc bag & placed in the freezer.
Top Review by tjgood
Had this at my daughter's (McGelby). Loved it & and asked her to post so I could have it. She used corn from the cob when she made this batch. Chocked full of protein and great flavor.
- 2 cups green beans
- 1 cup canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn or 1 (8 ounce) canmini corn
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam green beans to just bright green.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour over salad ingredients.
- Stir gently.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.