This salad is so good you will not be able to stop eating it! Recipe found on the internet.
Make and share this Trattoria Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 can marinated artichoke hearts, diced,reserve marinade
- 1⁄2 lb bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or your favorite)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 package mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into ribbons
- Combine all ingredients including marinade from artichokes except for Romaine lettuce.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator until serving time.
- Toss in lettuce at serving time and serve with hot French bread.
Yum! I am sorry, we cheated. I added more pasta and used 6 tbsps Fresh Italian salad dressing. Will use this again for certain and will try it your way next time. Thanks for the combo, it's yummy!
Made exactly as directed - marinated for 24 hours. This made more like 12 servings. I really like this salad but it is missing something. I added crushed, dried red pepper to my serving but that wasn't what was missin. Not sure what I might add to make it 5 stars. The others liked it well enough but did not oooo and awww.
Made this as part of Xmas Eve dinner and it was to die for!!! I took the advice of some of the reviewers and let everything (minus the romaine) marinate for about 6 hours. Everyone really liked it. I used fresh mozzarella cheese and I think next time, I will toss that in the marinade only about 2 hours or so in advance, or maybe just use regular mozzarella. This is truly an excellent recipe. Thanks!