Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in a womans day magazine. Although I did change it a little. it is very simple and quick. Great for a little dinner party with some friends. I serve it with a potato nicoise salad.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1 1/12 lbs
- 3 medium roma tomatoes
- 6 large fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large non stick skillet heat the oil and add the butter.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Add the chicken to the skillet.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and top each breast with 3 slices of tomatoes, 1 basil leaf, and 3 Tbs.
- Cover the skillet and return to medium heat.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- About 2-3 minutes.
Made this again last night and remembered that I never reveiwed it. Very easy to make and liked the addition of the tomato.Didn't have any Italian seasoning so I just used dried Basil and Oregano and was still very tasty. Thanks for sharing.
REALLY good stuff! I made it JUST as posted and it was wonderful. Even my kids that don't usually like tomato thought it was good!
I've made this several times, so I thought I'd better review it! 5-star delicious and so, so simple. The first time, I mixed mozzarella with the cheddar, but I find I like it best with only cheddar. Use ingredients as stated, especially the fresh basil. You won't be disappointed!