Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A sweet full flavor wild rice that is perfect accompaniment to game or roasted meat. From Land-O-Lake Cookbook.
- 1 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 4 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sage leaf, rubbed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- rinse wild rice. in 2 qt saucepan combine wild rice and remaining ingredients (except apple juice, honey and parsley).
- bring to a full boil 6-8 minutes.
- cover and cook over med heat until rice is tender (45-50min).
- drain off any excess liquid and stir in apple juice and honey.
- continue cooking until heated through 4-5 minutes.
- stir in parsley.