1 hr 30 mins
I took this recipe from a the owner of Restaurant Transylvania in Hollywood, FL. I also included some notes on preparing the polenta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice the pork butt and smoked sausage into 1 inch pieces.
- 2Dice smoked sausage into 1/2 inc pieces.
- 3Add vegetable oil and 1/2 cup of water into a large skillet.
- 4Heat over medium temperature until oil is hot.
- 5Add the pork, allowing meat to cook for approximately 1 hour.
- 6In the meantime you make the polenta (mamaliga). Follow the directions on how much water to add depending on how much polenta you want. Bring the water with salt to boil, turn the fire low and pour in the flower, stirring with a whisk. Let it boil for around 15 minutes.
- 7Add all the vegetables to the meat mixture and continue to cook, stirring occasionally.
- 8Fry an egg and put on top of the cooked polenta.
- 9Season with salt and black pepper.
- 10serve meat mixture and polenta with egg together.
Nutritional Facts for Transylvanian Tochitura
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 918.0
- Calories from Fat 638
- Total Fat 70.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 188.3 mg
- Sodium 998.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 56.7 g