Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I took this recipe from a the owner of Restaurant Transylvania in Hollywood, FL. I also included some notes on preparing the polenta.
- 2 lbs boneless pork butt
- 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and black pepper
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Dice the pork butt and smoked sausage into 1 inch pieces.
- Dice smoked sausage into 1/2 inc pieces.
- Add vegetable oil and 1/2 cup of water into a large skillet.
- Heat over medium temperature until oil is hot.
- Add the pork, allowing meat to cook for approximately 1 hour.
- In the meantime you make the polenta (mamaliga). Follow the directions on how much water to add depending on how much polenta you want. Bring the water with salt to boil, turn the fire low and pour in the flower, stirring with a whisk. Let it boil for around 15 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables to the meat mixture and continue to cook, stirring occasionally.
- Fry an egg and put on top of the cooked polenta.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- serve meat mixture and polenta with egg together.