I have not tried this recipe. I got it from New Hampshire Police Association Cookbook. The recipe was submitted by Kerry Plaisted. Not only does this dish have a wonderful and mild garlic flavor but it is guaranteed to keep vampires away. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and peel potatoes. Place in large pot and cover with lightly salted water. Bring to boil over medium heat and cook until easily penetrated by fork. Do not overcook.
- 2Melt butter in small saucepan. Peel garlic and add to butter over low heat, cooking until tender. Do not let garlic burn. When garlic is tender add cream and black pepper, heat almost to a boil.
- 3Drain water from potatoes and mash with a fork or potato masher. Add just enough chicken broth to break down potatoes.
- 4Place garlic mixture in a blender or food processor and puree. Once this step is complete slowly add the mixture to the potatoes and beat with an electric hand mixer until smooth, and serve.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Transylvania Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.9
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 148.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 9.5 g