Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from New Hampshire Police Association Cookbook. The recipe was submitted by Kerry Plaisted. Not only does this dish have a wonderful and mild garlic flavor but it is guaranteed to keep vampires away. Enjoy!
- 5 lbs all purpose potatoes
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 20 fresh garlic cloves
- 8 ounces light cream or 8 ounces half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and peel potatoes. Place in large pot and cover with lightly salted water. Bring to boil over medium heat and cook until easily penetrated by fork. Do not overcook.
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Peel garlic and add to butter over low heat, cooking until tender. Do not let garlic burn. When garlic is tender add cream and black pepper, heat almost to a boil.
- Drain water from potatoes and mash with a fork or potato masher. Add just enough chicken broth to break down potatoes.
- Place garlic mixture in a blender or food processor and puree. Once this step is complete slowly add the mixture to the potatoes and beat with an electric hand mixer until smooth, and serve.