Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 20 mins
If this is made correctly, the meat should melt in your mouth. For best taste top with a bit of sour cream and black pepper.
- 1⁄2 lb lean pork, diced in 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, diced in 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 lb Polish sausage, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained,rinced and chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- cornstarch (for thickening if desired)
- cooked gnocchi or broad egg noodle
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick pan at a medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for several minutes.
- Add the chicken and pork and cook (stirring frequently) for 5 minutes.
- Add the paprika, pepper, salt and onion powder and stir.
- Add the onion, green onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushroom soup and stir until a smooth sauce is formed.
- Add the sauerkaut, stir until mixed.
- Add the chicken broth and stir until integrated.
- Cover and turn down the heat to minimum and simmer for 2 hours.
- If the sauce is too runny when you want to serve, mix several tablespoons of cornstarch with enough water to form a thin paste (1-3 times the amount of water as cornstarch).
- Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce heat and add the paste, by teaspoonfuls, stirring vigorously until the desired thickness.
- Serve hot over gnocchi or egg noodles.