Recipe by mollypaul
Similar to butter tarts, this delicious recipe comes from America's heartland. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, culinary Arts Institute of chicago, 1947.
- 1 pie crust (either storebought or your own recipe)
- 59.16 ml butter (no substitutions)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line six individual tart pans with pastry.
- Cream butter and sugar thoroughly; add eggs and blend.
- Pour into pastry lined tart pans, sprinkle a dusting of nutmeg on top and bake 20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.