Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great for taking along on hikes or camping trips. Full of high energy goodies, mixed to your taste. The 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chips should be a mix of those plus other items of your choice. I use Peanut butter chips, raisins, shredded coconut and nuts along with the semi-sweet chips for a total of 2 1/2 cups.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In large mixing bowl, with mixer, beat butter and peanut butter until combined. Add sugars, baking soda and salt. Beat until well combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in rolled oats and your choice of goodies.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden. Transfer to wire rack to cool.