Recipe by yooper
I came up with this about 10 years ago out of sheer desperation! Flat broke, depressed, and I came home hungry for comfort food and was sick to death of Kraft Mac and Cheese! This is what I had on hand and what got me through that dark night! I'm better off financially, but I still make this at least once a month. Can substitute cooked chicken and cream of chicken soup. Warning: this is not pretty to look at, but close your eyes and taste and it will grow on you!
Top Review by Terri Newell
This was very tasty, although judging by appearances we were a little leary...in fact, my children now request this by the name Ugly Food ! Thanks for a quick, easy recipe. Note...we've also tried it with ground pork, and it tastes like a yummy pork chop and stuffing dinner.
- 1 (6 ounce) boxmushroom and onion flavored seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions (I usually do this in a microwave).
- Brown ground beef in a frying pan until completely brown, breaking up meat chunks with the back of a wooden spoon; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked stuffing, ground beef, drained mushrooms and undiluted soup mix.
- Stir to combine.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Put in microwave and heat over high heat for 2-3 minutes till thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.