Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Each pint plus recipe with serve 6.
Make and share this Trailblazer Bean Soup Mix recipe from Food.com.
- In a pint jar, layer 2 tablespoons of each legume in order listed, until jar is full.
- Screw on lid.
- May cover lid with a circle of fabric and twine to tie on recipe.
- Attach this recipe:.
- 1 pint bean soup mix.
- 7 cup water.
- 1 ham hock.
- 1 garlic clove, minced.
- 1 large onion, chopped.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder.
- 1-2 teaspoons salt.
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce.
- 2 carrots, chopped.
- 1 rib celery, chopped.
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker pot.
- Cover and cook on medium for 7 hours or until beans are tender.
- (May cook soup in a stock-pot on the stove. Cover and simmer until done.).
- Remove meat from ham hock and return to soup.
- Before serving, add 3 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Top soup with sour cream or grated cheese.