Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was on the look for a granola that my family would like. I was tired of buying expensive store bought stuff full of un-natural ingredients. I found several recipes and decided to combine them to create a cereal (yogur mix-n) my family would enjoy. This isn't too sweet and is just perfect for my family.
- 7 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup 100% maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup Agave or 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups raisins or 2 cups dried sweetened cranberries
- 1. Heat oven to 325.
- 2. In a large bowl put the oats, hemp seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
- 3. Toast coconut, peacans and almonds (just til lightly brown) and place in large bowl with oats and other seeds.
- 4. Mix together.
- 5. In small sauce pan put salt, brown sugar, maple syrup, agave, coconut oil, vege oil, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Heat up until a soft boil.
- 6. Drizzle the sauce over the oat mix while mixing to insure full coverage of sauce over the oats.
- 7. Place granola on lined cookie sheets or baking sheets. Cook in oven until golden brown 20-30 minutes. Mix periodically through the baking process.
- 8. Take out of the oven and mix in raisins.