Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A chewy cookie with the goodness of sunflower seeds, wheat germ and dried cranberries to make a cookie that tastes like a trail mix bar.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup wheat germ
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a medium size bowl combine flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and salt together mixing well
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until butter dissolves totally with sugar and forms a smooth paste
- Add eggs one at a time beating with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until eggs form a creamy mixture
- Slowly add dry ingredients to creamy mixture beating with mixer on medium speed until flour is fully incorporated
- Stir in dried cranberries, wheat germ and sunflower seeds and distribute evenly throughout the dough
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper 2 inches apart
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
These cookies travel well. You can substitute as you wish. I used chocolate chips and raisins instead of dried cranberries. Next time I'll try some hemp seeds and maybe pumpkin seeds with the sunflower seeds because at a local restaurant they sell a very popular cookie similar to these that has chocolate chips and hemp seeds. They are a healthy treat on the road.