Recipe by WI Cheesehead
These are made with part butter (or margarine) and part oil. Packed with oat bran and wheat germ, they taste good too! I reduced some of the add ins as suggested by reviewers.
Top Review by anme
I scaled this recipe down by half and it worked out great. Even my bf who is a cookie puriest (only plain chocolate chips for him) enjoyed this. These really are a mouth full tho. Extremly filling cookies, but they did seem a little oily or something. Also there were way too much chips and peanuts and seeds. The dough just couldnt take all of the extras. Next time I'll use less of each and maybe do all butter to see if that makes a diffrence since I used margarine and oil. They also took a bit longer to cook, but that could just be the size that I made them.
- 158.51 ml honey
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar or 236.59 ml sucanat
- 118.29 ml margarine or 118.29 ml butter, room temp
- 118.29 ml canola oil or 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml rolled oats
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 591.47 ml flour
- 177.44 ml oat bran
- 59.14 ml toasted wheat germ
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml chunky peanut butter
- 236.59 ml M&M's or 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml peanuts, chopped (optional)
- 118.29 ml roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In bowl, beat together honey, brown sugar, margarine and canola oil until creamy and well blended.
- Mix in oats, vanilla and eggs; then flour, oat bran, wheat germ, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in peanut butter, then M & M's or chocolate chips, peanuts, if using, and sunflower seeds.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven 12 minutes or until cookies are set and begin to brown.
- Cool on cookie sheets about 1 minute, then remove and cool completely on wire rack.