Recipe by Dib's
This was given to me as a gift last year-very good recipe!
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
I know these are supposed to be a gift mix...well, they 'kind of were'...I was making them for DH to take with him out of town... :-) I skipped the packing in a jar stuff and followed the procedures I normally use for chocolate chip cookies...creaming together the butter and brown/white sugars, then adding eggs one at a time (I was doubling) and beating 'til fluffy. These turned out absolutely delightful! I only baked them 10 minutes and they were a nice soft chewy cookie. The best part is DH loved them and wants me to make more of them and I don't have to feel guilty about sending him off with a bunch of 'junk food'. These are just packed with lots of goodies and nutrition! Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe Di!!!
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄3 cup quick oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup packed flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup flour, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (4&2/3 cups mix)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer ingredients in a wide mouth mason jar, pressing down after each addition.
- Attach a ribbon with instructions: Empty cookie mix in a large glass bowl.
- Stir to mix.
- Add 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 beaten egg, and 1 t.
- Mix well.
- Roll into walnut sized balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12-14 minutes.
- You want the edges golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then place on a cooling rack.