Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love trail mix bars....but not laden down with lots of sugar and oils. Perfect for the breakfast on the run or afternoon snack for kids. Any dried fruit can be interchanged.
- 3⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dried apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries, chopped (or mango)
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- Spray an 8" square baking pan with Pam. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spread seeds and rolled oats on baking sheet. Bake until fragrant and light golden in colour, about 8 - 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine chopped dried fruit, toasted seeds/oats in a large bowl. Add cereal. Stir to mix well and bread up dried fruit.
- Slightly warm peanut butter in microwave. Combine apple juice. Mix well. Fold into fruit/seed mixture until well coated.
- Press mixture into baking pan.
- Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks or freeze for a later date.
I had some trouble with this recipe. I chose it because the ingredients looked like something my family would love. First off there was to much for an 8 inch pan so I put it in a 11x7 liked the size of it better. In the fridge for the afternoon it still didnt stay set up was still crumbling and didnt improve the next day either. This recipe wasnt a total waste tho, we loved it as a topping for yogurt. Made for My Three Happiness in the cooking photo forum.