Recipe by Anu
Nuts, oats and seeds are combined here in a honey glaze. For added sweetness, mix in chocolate-coated candy pieces. Great for instant energy! Warning: This can be realllllly addictive, but indulge all you like, because this is healthy too! This is from www.meals.com.
Top Review by DogAndCatDoc
Wow....very good. I did modify slightly: used 3/4 cup wheat bran, 1/4 cup powdered milk, 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 cup molasses, added 1/2 cup flax seeds and 1 cup All-Bran cereal as "Aunt Dawn" did. I baked this in two batches. The first I did put immediately in a bowl to cool, then added dried cranberries. The second batch I let cool on the pan and then added miniature chocolate chips...I actually preferred this, as it had to be broken apart and retained clusters and chunks, whereas the first batch was more like a granola cereal. Both were exceptionally good and will be a household staple I am sure.. so many ways you can adjust this to your personal tastes. thank you again!
- 3 cups oats (I use rolled oats)
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran or 1 1⁄2 cups oat bran
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup hulled sunflower seeds (I omit this and use 1 cup sesame seeds)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot (I omit this and use 1 cup raisins)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, wheat bran, milk powder, pecans, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut and almonds.
- In a 2-cup measure, stir together honey and oil until blended; pour over dry ingredients.
- Using two spoons, toss and stir to combine well.
- Turn onto lightly greased baking sheets; spreading evenly.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Immediately, turn into large bowl; stir in raisins and apricots.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- You can also use this as muesli or granola and top with milk for breakfast.