Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Potato and grilled chicken pizza, accented with southwestern veggies, bacon & goat cheese with a taco flair.
- 12 inch pizza crusts, Ready to Bake
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 314.66 ml favorite prepared pasta or 314.66 ml pizza sauce
- 14.79 ml taco seasoning mix
- 118.29 ml diced sun-dried tomato
- 354.88 ml Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 236.59 ml crispy cooked crumbled smoked bacon
- 118.29 ml black beans, cooked and drained
- 118.29 ml corn kernel
- 226.79 g pre-grilled chicken strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 354.88 ml crumbled goat cheese
- 118.29 ml chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 450°.
- Brush crust and edges with olive oil. Combine the pizza sauce, taco seasoning mix and sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl, then spread over crust bottom. Layer remaining ingredients except cilantro over the crust.
- Bake pizza on a perforated pizza pan or cheese melted baking sheet, on center of the oven rack, about 8-10 minutes, or until crust is golden-brown and. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro. Let pizza rest 3-4 minutes, then slice and serve!
This is a little harder to make than I make. It looked like a pizza but the taste while pretty good did not taste like a southwestern food. Maybe a little more toco powder a tad more corn and black beans. It certainly is creative but I needed a little more to make it again. Made for fall PAC 2012