1/2 Photos of Traffic Light Stew
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Red Pepper and Bacon, Saffron flavored Yellow chicken and potatoes, and Green Onion and Cilantro make a colorful traffic light stew your family will stop in their tracks for. When I was growing up, two of my favorite dishes were Cuban Bean Soup and Chicken with Yellow Rice. This dish was inspired by those 2 dishes. I took my favorite ingredients from both and merged the meals. I hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (20 ounce) packages Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 4 tablespoons bacon bits
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (32 ounce) box chicken broth
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1Season chicken with salt and pepper. Over medium heat, brown chicken breasts cubes in large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Stir in bacon bits, red pepper, green onions, cilantro and saffron. Make sure the bacon, vegetables and chicken are well blended. Cook for two minutes on medium heat.
- 3Add chicken broth and potatoes. Cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until potatoes are tender. Broth will be cooked away when potatoes are tender.
- 4Optional: Garnish with bacon bits or green onions.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traffic Light Stew
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.3
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 81.1 mg
- Sodium 1587.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 32.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
vegetable oil cooking spray