Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from a kiwi site, this is fun to make. Have fun with it and you may substitute fruits as long as the colors correspond.
- 2 green kiwi fruits
- 2 gold kiwi fruits (or 1 peach and 3 slices pineapple)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup raspberries (or strawberries or a mix of both)
- Slice green kiwifruit into halves and spoon the fruit out into a food processor or blender with 1-2 tablespoons of orange juice.
- Process until just smooth, taking care not to crush the seeds. Pour into one or two long glasses.
- Slice the gold kiwifruit(or peach and pineapple) into halves and spoon the fruit into a clean food processor or blender with 3-4 tablespoons of orange juice. Purée, until just smooth.
- Carefully pour the gold purée over the back of a spoon on top of the green purée to form two distinct layers.
- Purée the raspberries in a clean blender with 2 tablespoons of orange juice, until just smooth. Pour red purée over the back of a spoon on top of the gold purée to make the third layer.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: ripe kiwifruit works best for this recipe, as the green kiwifruit can be a bit too tart. If you feel this recipe needs more sweetening, then a spoon full of honey can be added to any of the three fruit purées.
Yummy and fun! I used all frozen fruits, because I like my smoothies cold this time of year. I used kiwis, bananas, and strawberries. Neat! :) Reviewed for the Australian Recipe Swap.
How about that! What a great looking drink (tastes great, too)! I couldn't find gold kiwi so used thawed peach slices instead (couldn't find a decent fresh peach, either)! Made for a VERY UNUSUAL presentation, & another time I have to make this for company to enjoy, not just me! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag cooking game]